Saturday, November 06, 2004

(sigh) Four more years...

So, who's actually surprised about the election? Not me. I know I saw this coming from a mile away, but I'm still kind of disappointed that we re-elected that smarmy little man. I mean, he saunters around like he's got six-shooters on his hips. It's like we want to have John Wayne in office. But again, I'm not really surprised that that's what the majority of voting Americans are in tune with. I guess what it comes down to is that a kid like me, who grows up in the pseudo-intellectual-elitism of north Scottsdale, is disappointed to find out that it's the peudo-redneck-anti-intellectuals who run the show. (That's not to say that all Republicans are anti-intellectual, Sprat, but that does seem to be the mind set of those that voted for him.)
In the end, I think that Trey Parker hit the nail on the head with "Team America: World Police." Those in power in this country seem to want to run out, guns blazing, and keep the world in line, as though it were our job to keep everyone following an ideal that not even everyone in this nation agrees with, much less the rest of the nations on this planet. So it's left to the rest of us to simply sigh and bear it for four more years.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?