Sunday, October 24, 2004

Thanks for nothing

So I'm checking my e-mail and I got a form 'thank you' from Micheal Crow. Did anyone else recieve his 'thanks,' cuz it's full of awesome PR schmaltz. I quote: 'Last week, the eyes of the world were on Arizona State University and our student body rose to the challenge of hosting an event of this historic magnitude with unparalleled class and composure. I could not be more proud of the way our campus demonstrated its commitment to the democratic process and its longstanding tradition of excellence. '

Class? Composure? I don't think I'm alone in thinking how appalingly crass this campus became for a day. If what the student body demonstrated was classy and composed and commited to the democratic process, then I weep for the state of said process in the eyes of the university student. You try so hard for so long to engender honest discussion in fellow students and this hurricane sweeps through town leaving a debris of shouted slogans and inane arguments. If what I saw was worthy of thanks than our standards for democratic processes have dropped so low, I fear saving them.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?