Thursday, October 14, 2004

About Last Night

Last night I had the privilege to be one of the media coving the debate at ASU. It was exciting! The campus was alive as I've never seen it before, and God knows I've been there forever and I would know.

What were the issues for the younger voter? I'm still not sure most seemed to just want to get on TV with their signs. But, there were a couple of things that caught my eye. There were the two Catholic kids sitting away from the fray; one for abortion (Kerry supporter) one against ( Bush supporter) talking not just about the issue, but the matter of faith and what being a Catholic means. There were people on campus who know what life was, and is like under the fear of constant terrorism. They want their homes, and freedom back. They want terrorism crushed so that they may live again. It gave me chills to hear them speak. It made me want to do more than I do. I was proud to be an American because America wants not only our people to be free to live as they wish, speak as they wish, vote as they wish, but we want this great life for everyone else in the world no matter who they are. That's Cool!

So we're going to need some help. We need those in the 18 -35 year old voter group to help us define your issues. We encourage you to be forthright and candid about what you think. And by no means do we want to discourage those who don't fall into that age group from participating. Your thoughts are welcome too.

So let's get to it!

The Lovely and Gracious
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?